Step 1: Latest App Version
Please ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the DLive app to your smartphone. Go Live is part of the main DLive app.
Step 2: Using the DLive “Go Live” App
Open the DLive app on your smart phone and head on over to the profile tab (please ensure you are logged in).
- Select the "Go Live" option.
Step 3: Selecting the type of Live Stream
Choose what kind of stream you wish to go live for,
- Captures your smartphone screen to stream games
- Uses your front or rear facing camera to stream
⚠ You will be asked to allow access to your phone camera, screen/overlay and microphone.
Step 4: Using the Streamer Dashboard
Using the channel dashboard you can set up / edit:
- Stream Title
- Tag (Family Friendly / Mature / X-Tag)
- Replay Thumbnail
- Save Replay of your stream
- Stream Quality (360p, 480p, 720p)
The bitrate of your stream is automatically calculated based on the stream quality you select.
To save your settings & Go Live, press the "Go Live" button.
When you select "Games" (Step 3) your screen will start streaming immediately.
Step 5: Going Live
🎮 Game Streams
When streaming games, you will only be able to access your live chat by switching to your DLive stream in the app or enabling the "float" option. This is to prevent any overlays blocking key components of your gameplay.
- Live Status & Uptime
- Viewer Count
- End Stream
- Show Live Stream (pop out video player)
- Stream Dashboard (Edit your Title / Category etc)
- Float Chat - Toggles a Chat overlay
Rotating your screen will automatically rotate your live stream video.
🔴 IRL Streams
The live stream preview screen shows all the required information to help you keep in full control of your stream - these are only visible to you.
- Viewers - Shows how many viewers are watching your stream
- Chat - Shows your chat room (can be scrolled)
- Close - Closes the stream preview and returns to the dashboard
- Activity Feed - Shows your latest follows, subscriptions and donations
- Share - Shares your channel URL to other applications (chat / social etc)
- Switch Camera - Changes between Front & Back cameras (IRL Streams only)
- Go Live - Starts your IRL Live Stream
How to stop your live stream
To stop your mobile broadcast, please select the red Power Icon located at the top right of the screen.