This guide will be covering chat room options and settings. At any time you feel you need more assistance or have questions, please reach out to us in the help center in the DLive discord server or DM a DLive Guardian directly.
Click the 3 dots on the right side of your chat. Then click "Chatroom Settings"
If you don't want the donation alerts to show how in your chat. You can enable or disable them here.
Who can talk in chat (Public, Followers, Subs)
- You can select if you want "Public", "Followers" or "Subscribers" to be able to chat on your channel. Whichever you select will be the only people who can chat. This feature is only available to DLive Partners.
- You can also set a time frame for your follower chat. The time frames are "10 mins", "1 hour" or "1 day". The time options are to the right of "Followers Only". This means people that haven’t been following for that time frame can not chat.
Require Email Verification
Enabling this option will require users to verify their user account before they can chat on your channel. This will also help cut down on harassment and spam.
Enabling this will disable everyone from being able to post links in the chat. The channel owner will still be able to post links.
You can choose here to disable all stickers, user favorite stickers or global stickers. These changes will affect everyone except the channel user.
This will put a time limit on how often a user can chat on the channel. A 10 seconds timer will allow a user to send a message every 10 seconds. Time can be set up to a max of 120 seconds.
When you click the 3 dots on the right of your chat, you will see "Muted Users". This option will show you a list of every user who has ever received a ban in your chat. Muted users will not be able to chat or make donations on the channel. From this menu, you can click unmute to remove the ban.
When you click the 3 dots on the right of your chat, you will see "Moderator". This option will show you a list of every user who has received mod for your channel. From this menu, you can choose to unmod them.
How to set a Moderator
- Have the person you want to give moderator to type in chat.
- Left-click on the person and from the drop-down menu click "Set Moderator"
- Alternatively, type "/mod @username".
- Now when they talk in the chat they will have a moderator badge.
- To remove the mod from the person left click and from the drop-down click "Remove Moderator" or type "/unmod @username".
What can your Mods do for you
- Moderators are the first line of defense against harassment and spam.
- Mods have the same moderation abilities that streamers have. However, they can not unmute people.
- They can help promote and enforce channel rules.
- Moderators represent your channel, make sure you can trust your mods and that you keep them up to date on what is and is not okay.
- They can upload channel stickers if you are a partner.
To use the following commands they must be entered into the chatbox
- /clear (Only visible to the user) - This chat command will clear the chat.
- /purge @username (Only visible to the user) - This chat command will clear the specific user from the chat.
- /mod @username (Only available to channel owners) - This chat command will allow channel owners to mod a specific user.
- /unmod @username (Only available to channel owners) - The chat command will allow channel owners to unmod a specific user.
- /ban @username (Only available to channel owners/moderators) - This chat command will allow channel owners and moderators to ban users that are in your chat.
- /unban @username (Only available to channel owners/moderators) - This chat command will allow channel owners and moderators to unban users.
- /timeout @username (Only available to channel owners/moderators) - This chat command will allow channel owners and moderators to time a user out for five minutes.
Bad Word Filter
Bad Word Filter
- Click the camera icon in the top right of your DLive page.
- From here check the left side of the screen. Click "Stream Setting"
- You will find the bad words filter here. In the box enter all the words you don't want on your channel.
- Make sure you enter them one at a time and hit enter to confirm.
- Under the box, you will see "Show bad words list". On the right, you will see an arrow. Clicking that arrow will allow you to confirm your words.
- Have someone moderate your chat. They will be able to focus more on your chat while you focus on the stream.
- Make sure in your channel about section you have your channels rules. Make sure your moderators and audience are aware of the rules.
- Make sure in the dashboard you have your bad word filter filled out.
- Under the chatroom settings, options "Require Email Verification" and "Disable Links" are available.
- As a first warning, we recommend the time out feature. This will mute the user for 5 mins. They will not be able to use the chat function in your stream. You can do this by clicking on the user name in chat or donation text.
- As a more permanent step, we recommend hitting Delete and Mute. This will make it so the user can no longer use the chat feature in your stream as well as clearing the chatbox of all their previous comments. Channel owners and moderators can also use this feature on the donation text as well as from chat. You can always unmute in the muted user section of your chat settings.
- If you are on the DLive mobile app, you can long-press the user name for a drop-down menu. This menu will be the same as above, and the step will be the same as well. Hit “Time Out” for a 5 minute time out, and “Delete and Mute” to ban this user from your channel.
Should the harassment continue or if you find usernames to be offensive, please report it here: https://go.dlive.tv/contact